Monday, August 18, 2008

My First Post

I love good movies. I even love really, really bad movies. I have favorites from the silent era to subtitled foreign films, B&W classics to popcorn movies on opening weekend, and animated shorts to IMAX documentaries. I love drive-ins and Criterion DVDs. I remember the first movie I saw in the theater (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981), the first movie we recorded when my family got a VCR (Annie, 1982), the movie playing in the background of my first kiss (An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, 1991), and the first movie my wife and I took our newborn baby to (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007). Before judging me, know that he was very quiet and slept most of the way through. As you can probably tell from above, I also like making lists. That's why it didn't take long before I had a list of the top 100 movies of my lifetime (starting with Raiders), lists of my top ten picks for every genre, and even a list of the first 100 movies I'd recommend to a person if they'd never seen anything. All these plus many more lists will be featured on this blog. If you're still reading at this point, I guess I shouldn't worry too much about my lists scaring you off. Either you have movie lists of your own (do share) or you're looking for ideas to fill your Netflix queue.

No comments: